Y Maes Caffi – Y Maes Café – Licenced – Unique Beach Cafe – a great place to stop and enjoy a break, bite to eat and a drink
Hi Everyone, we have introduced some simple changes to how we will operate once the lockdown has been eased allowing people to travel and meet in small groups;
• One-way system from the front gate.
• 2 metre spacing markers on the floor that should be adhered to when entering the café
• Separate entrance and exit for the café
• All table and chairs removed, ensuring continuous movement through the café, thereby reducing the opportunity for people to congregate in the café or veranda
• Reduced ‘Take-Away’ menu only – pre-order will be introduced for food & drink
• Payment by cash or contactless
• Beach equipment will be paid for at time of ordering and picked up at the exit gate
If you have any questions please ask
Y Maes Café is a unique licenced beach café, located just 40 metres from the beach at Llandanwg. Y Maes Café offers reasonably priced food and drink, gluten free options and locally sourced produce, whenever possible, along with a relaxed customer friendly service. Popular with local people and visitors the beach offers something for everyone. Easy access, good parking,
public toilets, beach equipment, ice cream, drinks, sandwiches. Free WiFi. Local attractions include a children’s farm with crazy golf & go-karts, Go Below & Zip World, Harlech Castle & Royal St David’s Golf Club
Llandanwg is a must visit location. The café is accessible to all whether on foot, bicycle, horse, car, train, motorbike or motor home with ample parking and excellent walking routes to and from the café including the Wales Coastal Footpath. The beach is an ideal spot for surfers, wind-boarder and for kayaking. Rockpooling for the children is a favourite on the beach with great opportunities of finding crabs, shrimps, sea urchins and lots more.
Views of the Rhinog Mountains and the Llyn Peninsula make Y Maes Café an ideal place to stop and enjoy a break. There is a large grassed field to the front of the café, for flying kites, kicking a ball or just sitting. The ‘pay & display’ car park (£1.10 for 4 hours), has ramp access down to the beach, ‘Clean Beach Award’ for the past 12 years. We hire out wind-breaks, sun loungers, umbrellas and sell all the buckets and spades you could possibly want.
The staff look forward to welcoming you and your family, friends and colleagues to our wonderful café and we hope you enjoy your visit.