Y Maes Caffi – Y Maes Café – Licenced – Unique Beach Cafe – a great place to stop and enjoy a break, bite to eat and a drink
Hi Everyone, we have introduced some simple changes to how we will operate during the coming months including;
• Hot water hand wash in the shed with soap and paper hand towels, be aware the water is very hot and should be mixed with cold water in the sink for handwashing. Plug supplied. Children under 16 years old should not hand wash unsupervised.
• Antibacterial spray available for individuals to use on the tables should they feel that is what they would like to do.
• Blue paper towels for wiping the tables by individuals should they wish too.
• Hand wipes available in the café on the counter in the dining area for customers to use.
• Removed 1 table allowing a larger gap between tables, therefore there will be 4 big tables inside with seating for 5. External tables will be a minimum of 1.5 metres from each other.
• If you would like us to wipe a table or seating please let us know before sitting down.
• All staff will adhere to strict handwashing regimes, as they would normally do whilst serving in the café.
• If you have a question please do ask, we don’t bite….
Y Maes Café is a unique licenced beach café, located just 40 metres from the beach at Llandanwg. Y Maes Café offers reasonably priced food and drink, gluten free options and locally sourced produce, whenever possible, along with a relaxed customer friendly service. Popular with local people and visitors from across the country the beach offers something for everyone. Easy access, good parking, public toilets, beach equipment, ice cream, drinks, sandwiches and a really friendly atmosphere. Free WiFi. Local attractions include a children’s farm with crazy golf & go-karts, Go Below & Zip World, Harlech Castle & Royal St David’s Golf Club
Tide timetable available here
Llandanwg is a must visit location. The café is accessible to all whether on foot, bicycle, horse, car, train, motorbike or motor home with ample parking and excellent walking routes to and from the café including the Wales Coastal Footpath. The beach is an ideal spot for surfers, wind-boarder and for kayaking. Rockpooling for the children is a favourite on the beach with great opportunities of finding crabs, shrimps, sea urchins and lots more.
Views of the Rhinog Mountains and the Llyn Peninsula make Y Maes Café an ideal place to stop and enjoy the stunning scenery and clean Welsh air. There is a large grassed National Trust field to the front of the café, for flying kites, kicking a ball or just sitting and enjoying the atmosphere of rural Wales. The ‘pay & display’ car park (£1.10 for 4 hours), has ramp access down to the beach awarded ‘Clean Beach Award’ for the past 9 years, the beach is great for children to explore, build sand castles, dig holes or to just sit and relax. We hire out wind-breaks, sun loungers, umbrellas and sell all the buckets and spades you could possibly want.
The staff look forward to welcoming you and your family, friends and colleagues to our wonderful café and we hope you enjoy your visit.